Adobe Lens Correction Profiles
All lenses have minor issues with Chromatic Aberrations, Distortion, and Vignetting which are easily corrected with lens profiles in Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom. Sometimes there isn't a profile for a lens I own so I decided to start making them.
Custom Lens Profile LCP files should be copied to the user's Camera Raw Lens Profiles folder.
- C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
- /Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
After copying the file to the proper location:
- start Lightroom
- in the Develop module expand Lens Corrections
- Check both Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable Profile Corrections box
- under Make select Sony and then the Model of the lens..
(anyone know how to make my own group under Make?)
Without Lens Profile
Notice the vignetting and the upward curve of the horizon.
With Lens Profile
Automatic correction of those common edge irregularities.